Sugarcane Judging Workshop - EDS 4-H members needed!
Rules and Regulations Governing the Contest:
This contest is limited to all bonafide FFA and 4-H members.
(This means you MUST have your 4-H membership form and your $15 yearly dues turned in before Thursday September 25th!)
- A team shall be composed of three members from a bonafide FFA Chapter or 4-H club.
- Four exhibits of three stalks each will be used to judge three or four varieties of cane.
- No oral reasons will be required, but written reasons on all or some of the placing will be required.
- In case of one or more ties, the team or teams giving the best written reasons, according to the judge, will be declared winner or winners.
- The contest will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday of the Sugarcane Festival. (September 27, 2014)
- Teams report to the chairman at the Cyr-Gates Community Center located in New Iberia City Park at 8:30 a.m. for instructions.
- Three awards, consisting of trophy cups, will be awarded for the First, Second, and Third place winning teams. A plaque will be awarded to the high -scoring individual of the contest.
- Blue Ribbons will be awarded to the members of the First Place Team, Red Ribbons to the Second Place Team, and White Ribbons to the Third Place Team members.
- The trophy will remain on display at the school pertaining to the club or chapter permanently.
Please sign up with Ms. Jennifer as soon as possible if you are interested!